OAPCS President and CEO RaShaun Holliman is holding a series of regional meetings in October across Ohio to meet with the charter school community.
With the passage of House Bill 2 and new administrative and oversight requirements, charter school stakeholders require a complete understanding of ever-changing federal and state laws. Students, staff, parents and board members are continually affected by revised policies and regulations governing community schools. Being proactive about complying with these requirements is the best strategy a charter school can have to avoid litigation. Help your school be more successful by attending this one-day legal workshop in which presenters with charter school legal experience address topics ranging from operational issues to collective bargaining. Continuing Legal Education hours will be offered for the summit.
Session Presenters Include
- Adam Schira (Dickinson Wright PLLC)
- Arthur L. “Tim” Clements (Nicola, Gudbranson & Cooper, LLC)
- Amy Goodson (Amy Goodson Co., LLC)
- Maria Markakis (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Albin Bauer (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Robert McBride (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Thomas Holmes (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Terence M. Donnelly (Dickinson Wright PLLC)
- Stephanie Green (Dickinson Wright PLLC)
- Chris Woolard (Ohio Department of Education)
Legal Topics Presented:
- Top Legislative Issues for Charter Schools
- Crisis Communications: Tell Your Side of the Story
- Labor Law Developments in Community Schools
- Overview of Recent Federal Guidance: What You May Not Have Heard
- A Practical Guide to Student Discipline
- Sunshine Law
- Constitutional Rights: How Wide Does the Schoolhouse Gate Swing
- The “Nuts and Bolts” of Administrative Rulemaking
- Recognizing and Disciplining Discriminatory Employee Harassment
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Update
Location: Quest Conference Center, 8405 Pulsar Place, Columbus, Ohio 43240
Date: Monday, October 3, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Registration cost: $175 for OAPCS members and $275 for non-members (includes lunch). Registration fees will increase to $225 for OAPCS members and $325 for non-members after September 27, 2016.
For event information, contact Jesse Truett at email@example.com or call 614-744-2266 ext. 212.