With the passage of HB 2 and new administrative and oversight requirements, charter school stakeholders require a complete understanding of ever-changing federal and state laws.
With the passage of House Bill 2 and new administrative and oversight requirements, charter school stakeholders require a complete understanding of ever-changing federal and state laws. Students, staff, parents and board members are continually affected by revised policies and regulations governing community schools. Being proactive about complying with these requirements is the best strategy a charter school can have to avoid litigation. Help your school be more successful by attending this one-day legal workshop in which presenters with charter school legal experience address topics ranging from operational issues to collective bargaining. Continuing Legal Education hours will be offered for the summit.
Session Presenters Include:
- Adam Schira (Dickinson Wright PLLC)
- Arthur L. “Tim” Clements (Nicola, Gudbranson & Cooper, LLC)
- Amy Goodson (Amy Goodson Co., LLC)
- Maria Markakis (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Albin Bauer (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Robert McBride (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Thomas Holmes (Day Ketterer Ltd.)
- Terence M. Donnelly (Dickinson Wright PLLC)
- Stephanie Green (Dickinson Wright PLLC)
- Chris Woolard (Ohio Department of Education)
Legal Topics Presented:
- Top Legislative Issues for Charter Schools
- Labor and Employment
- Crisis Communications
- Federal Guidance Including Transgender Student Law
- Discipline and the Right of Free Speech
- Sunshine Law
- Rule Making Procedures
- ESSA Update
Location: Quest Conference Center, 8405 Pulsar Place, Columbus, Ohio 43240
Date: Monday, October 3, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Registration cost: $175 for OAPCS members and $275 for non-members (includes lunch). Registration fees will increase to $225 for OAPCS members and $325 for non-members after September 27, 2016.
For event information, contact Jesse Truett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-744-2266 ext. 212.